Monday, March 12, 2012

Wanna be rebels (didn't have a clue)

Work has really screwed me over this week. They at first wanted me to work 9-5 all week until I said "Uh, due to the fact that you pay me SHIT, I had to get another part time job in the mornings so ... no can do." (Ok, I said it in a more polite manner).

I managed to convince them that I could come in at noon and work until 8. The work will get done regardless. That means my schedule will be:

7 a.m.-11 a.m.: Barn chores
Noon - 8 p.m. Newspaper land

Time to ride Hampton? ZERO.
Time to eat? ZERO
Time to shower? uhhhh before bed?

It's just for this week so ... I dunno, I'll make it through.

Now for some fun news.

This weekend, Hamps and I will be going on a new adventure. Not a show. Not trail riding. What could it be? Here are some hints.







Oh yes my friends. The dressage girl and her warmblood will be rebels and will be herding cows and ...  buffalo!! (At a clinic, where we will be supervised. THANK GOD.)

So, who do you think will pee their pants first, me or Hampton?

8 comments:

  1. Glad I'm self employed...

    So cool that you're going to work cattle. Awesome! Will this discipline change require tack and/or outfit shopping?

    Can't wait to hear if Hampton is cowy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hampton will be wearing PANTS?!

    Talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did this last weekend and it was a BLAST. You guys are going to have a great time. Even us dressage gals need to wear cowboy boots every once in awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! Hope all goes well and you and Hampton both leave with dry pants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha! I can't wait to hear about this adventure. I had no idea you could herd buffalo...seriously?! that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a blast! Love me a rodeo...maybe it is the cowboys.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!