Oh boy am I in a funk.
• I feel like I work really hard and have nothing to show for it.
(I live in a house with 3 roomies and I have LONG graduated from college)
• My bestest friend moved away and I miss her so much. She was my trail-riding pal, my drink wine and watch movies pal. I don't typically have close girlfriends, but she was the exception. I could tell her anything. She's 600 miles away and it's a bummer.
• My other close friend in the area is also moving away.
• He doesn't love me back.
• My job ends in April. Oh yeah, and it's March 20. I don't have another job lined up yet. This after furiously applying to job after job for the past year and a half.
• My truck is acting up. The trailer brake doesn't work, but it's also making some weird noises probably involving the brakes and/or some wheel bearing crap.
• My savings account balance: $0.
• My checking account: $Not much more than the savings.
• I have nothing left to sell to cover bills when I get laid off. I sold my LCD flat screen TV, all of my camera lenses, all of my (really pricey) model horses, my bit collection, two saddles, my bass guitar that I loved, several amps, and numerous other items. I have my truck left to sell but it isn't exactly in great working order ...
I truly feel like I am losing control over my life and I don't like it one bit. I feel empty and a little bit lonely. My job and relationships have left me feeling tossed aside, used and foolish. Every day I come into work and they are doing something else to prepare for "the transition" after which I will no longer be needed. At this point I'm not even sure there is a future for me at all in this business.
... but then I look back and realize that I'm a pretty strong chic. I have not written about what happened to me a few years ago (2006-07 ish) but I think if I can survive that, I can survive anything. I look back and am proud at how strong I have become. Instead of crying, I'm more likely to kick you in the nuts. And you know, when you step back from situations like this, I know I would have eventually gotten fed up with this job and left, I would have eventually lost interest in that boy. They aren't what I want. It just sucks in the meantime, because the rug was sort of pulled out from under me.
With all these doors closing - I wonder how many new ones will open up?
... and thank goodness for Hampton. He is the best damn thing to happen to me. He will see me through this rough patch.
Somehow, I know I will land on my feet. I always do. :)
Girl, Keep looking for that door to open! Have faith and feel blessed that you have Hampton to hug at the end of every day! Saying a prayer for you!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could offer some concrete help. "And this to shall pass" isn't much help when there are bills to pay. Keep a good attitude, smile even though you don't feel like it, and know that it always works out.
ReplyDeleteSending money/job/"new love" thoughts your way.
Karen
I am going through a lot of the same things. Unemployed, running out of things to sell, etc etc.
ReplyDeleteI just tell myself that it will work out and keep plugging away.
I think as long as we don't give up, things will happen.
Good luck to you and I am sure things will improve soon.
UGH I am SO sorry girl. I didn't know you were going through all of this. It all sounds awful. Well if it came down to it you and Hamps are always welcome here if need be. You are right you will come out of this on the other end for the better. Though it is hard to see the good right now. I am so glad you have Hampton too to keep you sane in the middle of all of it. Sorry friend :(
ReplyDeleteHey girl, I know you didn't post just to get cheer-up comments, but you should know something. Hadassah and I (well, Hadassah via me) read your blog everyday and you two are major inspiration for us. Sorry you are going through this rough patch, it surely sounds like it sucks major. If I had a truck and trailer, I'd totally drive up/over to your neck of the woods for a good long trail ride and some (a lot) of wine.
ReplyDeleteIt sucks when external objects are limiting your options. Hang in there.
ReplyDelete*HUG*
ReplyDeleteI went through a very similar patch last year. Lost my job, had no money in the bank, was selling stuff left & right just to survive, and not knowing what I was going to do.
And even though I finally landed a job after months of not having one, it is still taking me months to get back on my feet. And now I am having to move because I can no longer afford the $600 in gas expenses just driving back/forth to my new job.
Life sucks sometimes. Wish it didn't. And wish I had the answer to solve it all. But I don't.
Just know that there is someone out there that understands! *HUG*