| at least he's staying chunky so far! |
Temps were around 28 today but it was sunny with little wind so I rode. Yesterday the arenas were actually in good shape, but today they were both frozen. BOO. I thought about riding in the back hayfield but someone was shooting guns off in that direction. So, no.
Instead we ventured out into the drainage ditch between corn fields. Footing was good, but you can't really do much other than ride in a straight line. So we did trot/walk/trot transitions. Boring, but beneficial work. And I concentrated on my position and sitting trot. I didn't feel especially productive but that's how it's going to be until spring. meh.
Hopefully I can sneak in a dressage lesson next week before hitting up CAF for a jumping lesson. May have to clip the yak up as well so we look presentable.
I wish I was making the migration to Florida. Maybe one year?
I'm just leaving you props for one of my favorite Chris Cornell songs;)
ReplyDeleteClipping is not the funnest thing ever, but then at least they don't look like yaks. Ick!
ReplyDeleteFeel free to come on down to Florida anytime! :)
ReplyDelete