8:00 a.m.: Wake up. Smile because it's time to head out to CAF for a lesson!
8:10 a.m.: Start a load of laundry. Find beer money a $10 bill. Sweet!
8:20 a.m.: Leave the house
8:25 a.m.: Squirrel runs under my truck. I hear a thump. Fatality.
8:30 a.m.: Stop to get gas.
8:35 a.m.: Stop to get a McDonald's frappe.
(Is anyone else addicted to these things? OMG they are SO. GOOD.)
8:50 a.m.: Arrive at farm. Go catch Hampton.
9 a.m.: Feed Hampton breakfast. Go hook up trailer.
9:15 a.m.: Finish hooking up trailer.
9:20 a.m.: Pack up all of my tack and other supplies.
9:45 a.m.: Everything is packed and we are ready to hit the road. ON TIME!
9:50 a.m.: Hampton won't get on the trailer. WTF.
9:55 a.m. Proceed to make Hampton's life a living hell. Cussing. Growling. Yelling. I hope that the BO doesn't look out her window to see me beating lovingly scolding my horse. A shipping boot flies off in this process.
10:05ish a.m.: Hampton decides life is better if he gets on the %*^&* trailer.
| Hi I'm Hampton and I WAS A WANKER TODAY! |
10:07 a.m.: I hop in my truck, sweaty and out of breath. I suck down the rest of my frappe.
10:10 a.m.: We are on the road.
11:20 a.m.: Arrive at CAF. Unload, unpack. Get the horse settled. He clearly was in no mood for a road trip today. He was a bit warm and sweaty - not really like him. But he settles in nice.
11:30 a.m.: Go watch Amy's lesson on Steady.
(You'll have to read her blog on how they did but I thought they looked great!)
Noonish: Go tack up Hampton.
Note: I believe this is the first time I have ridden Hampton off the farm and NOT lunged him first. He was great!!
12:15 p.m.: Lesson with LAZ begins. We worked on a simple grid: bounce to a one stride. We also worked on adjusting strides down a line. Way fun! Hampton was super.
... I will post an analysis on my lesson next post so that this one does not turn into a novel.
1 p.m.: Untack tired, sweaty pony. Throw cooler on him and give him hay. Watch a bit of another lesson going on.
2 p.m.: Off to lunch with Amy, her adorable daughter and new friend Susan. Yummy Mexican food.
3 p.m.: 4 horse crazy girls at one table = lots of chatting and giggling.
4 p.m.: Waitress probably wondering why these weirdos are still at her table, eatin' her chips.
5:30ish: Head back to CAF with full bellies. Get our tack and ponies ready to go home.
6 p.m.: Hampton makes half-ass attempt to be a mule about the trailer again. Amy and her daughter witness a mild beat down. Hamps gets on the trailer fairly quickly.
6:15 p.m.: Steady also decides to be a PITA about the trailer. But he gives in after I annoy him by tapping him on his blanket with my whacking stick.
6:20 p.m.: Back on the road!
7:30 ish: Arrive back home. Throw horse's blanket back on and put him back out in the pasture. Clean up trailer. Head home.
11 p.m.: zzzzzzzzzzzz
* Times are approximate.


Sounds like th perfect horsey day (aside from the trailer loading incident). :)!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to hearing how the lesson went...but enjoyed the timeline, so far :)
ReplyDeleteMy daughter has been taking jump lessons at LeeAnn's, while she is doing her working student position at Jennifer Conour's. She love LeeAnn!
Sounds like a great day! I am amazed by how those shipping boots will just fly off while the horse is standing there being scolded. ;-)
ReplyDeleteWaiting for the full lesson report.
Haha, at least he pulled that stunt while you were on time, instead of when you're already running late.
ReplyDeletePretty amateur of him, really.
Sounds like a perfect day.
ReplyDelete