Ride times are in for Saturday's CAF show. :)
I will be a busy girl!
8:16 a.m. Hampton dressage (Green as Grass Combined Test)
8:27 Hampton dressage (Green As Grass Event Derby)
Somewhere between 11-11:30 Hampton jumping (CT and Derby)
1:40 JJ Dressage (Intro A)
2:22 Hampton Dressage (Training Level 1)
3:24 JJ dressage (Intro B)
My plan is to braid the boys Friday evening and put sleezies on them. I think that will be fine since the nights are cool now. I'm going to trailer them in Friday evening, maybe get some schooling or lunging in and wake up at the butt crack of dawn to wear Hampton out school Hampton Saturday morning.
Thank goodness I have a half day tomorrow at work so I can get all of this done!
I'm pretty excited. No matter how things go, I really enjoy horse shows, the early mornings, hard work and spending time with your horse.
I will report back with photos and results. :) Have a good weekend all!
Dang girl you are trying to get me out of bed early to make the 2 hour drive by 8:15! I am going to try my darnedest to make it. To me schooling shows are all about making it a great experience for the horse and to have fun. And trust me you can still make all that happen even when you get elimitnated for a stupid mistake.
ReplyDeleteAnd if you don't get braided the good news is that no one else will be braided either ;) Love schooling shows!
good luck and have fun. :)
ReplyDeleteHmmm ... you know Amy, you are right. I may just say screw the braiding! Save myself the stress. :)
ReplyDeleteWe always plan to braid...but sometimes, just doesn't happen!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck - you'll be great :)
Whew just LOOKING at that schedule makes me tired:) You guys will have a fantastic day though, no doubt. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I'm looking forward to reading about how you went. :)
ReplyDeleteGosh you are going to busy; I love horse shows! Just the whole atmosphere is awesome.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck!!! I'm looking forward to hearing about how it turns out.
Good Luck and remember to have fun!
ReplyDeleteI've got a schooling show this weeked and I'm in the braid or not dilema too. My mare has the THICKEST mane. I pull, and thin, but still, thick as can be. After 40 minutes of pulling I had a bucket full of hair, a mare that was giving me major stink eye, and I'm still not sure it is thin or short enough to make braiding easy. If I thought I could do it in an hour I'd do it just for the pictures! I am afraid that I'll end up having to do a bazillion narrow braids to deal with the thickness! Ugh... braiding is NOT my speacialty.
ReplyDeleteI am so bummed that I cannot make it tomorrow. I really thought it was going to work out perfect that could come. I cannot wait to hear about it!!
ReplyDelete