Thursday, September 22, 2011

Zippy for sale

The young App/Arab/Belgian cross I worked with in the past, Zippy, is for sale.

He is just too sensitive to be a therapy horse at the moment, so the owners want to move him along.

Here is is Craigslist ad.

He is located in central Indiana.

I have walk, trot, cantered him (both leads) with no problems. He has never been naughty, but he does need someone who is calm, balanced and confident or he becomes insecure. I would say he would be fine for a solid 4-Her. Still green about the bridle, but does lunge in loose side reins. Steers fine. Started with leg aids. I have ridden him out of the arena (the ad doesn't say so) and he was great.

Zippy is a really good character, just needs miles and someone who doesn't man-handle him. Baths, picks up his feet. I never tried to clip him.

He isn't blessed in the beauty department but with a little time he's going to make a wonderful little horse. I just want to see him find a good home.

I've never had an issue with him, but he does like to dance around a bit when tied. Obviously a therapy horse needs to be more quiet.



1 comment:

  1. Aww, he's cute. Hope he finds a good home. He sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!