![]() |
| "Oh hei photographer lady!" |
This show will be our last horrah for the year. And maybe for a long while. I've been having such a friggin good time this summer with my horse and my horse friends, that I sort of pushed reality away. Well, it all came crashing down on me tonight at work. When I realized that come April, I won't have a job anymore. Cue panic attack. Cue meds to stop panic attack. Yay.
But I really should save some money up in case I do end up unemployed in the spring. So, no horse shows and no expensive clinics. A couple of lessons here and there, sure. I really thought I would have landed a new job by now ... but it hasn't happened. I refuse to let myself feel like a failure, or not good enough. That's not going to help. But for crying outloud - someone hire me!!
I've got one training horse at the moment and he's super cute. His owner is a very good friend of mine from grade school. She found him at a random auction in Missouri and sent him to me to have some buttons installed. My friend says he's a pull Percheron, but I don't really believe her. He's way too typey, and only about 16.3 hands. But I could be wrong, I know some Percherons are on the smaller side.
![]() |
| Sampson says "Why you put this torture device on me?" |
He does sound like he has allergies or something because he wheezes - even at a standstill. I know it could be a million things, but his owner says it is mostly seasonal. Poor guy.
So that's what my week looks like. Work during the day, and try to work 2 horses before the sun goes down.
Oh yeah - and start packing up my sh*t to move to a new place. Good grief.


At least you have til April... Good luck in the job hunt!
ReplyDeleteI think I know your Sampson horse! I am emailing a previous owner of his to see if she thinks he's the same horse. If he is the Sampson (same name)that I know, he's not full Percheron, but an Irish draft mix. I'll get back to you asap with my friend's verdict and then can tell you more about him, but I don't want to bore you with info on the wrong horse. Did you get any history from him at the auction yard or the previous owner's name? The mystery to me is how he'd end up at an auction in Missouri if he is the same horse. However, his latest (or current) owner travels all over the US showing.
ReplyDelete-DS
Adventures In Colt Starting
Turns out it is a different Sampson. Total doppelganger though! Good luck with your project, he looks adorable and comfy!
ReplyDelete-DS
Adventures In Colt Starting
Whatever he is, he is ADORABLE. Good luck with him! He looks like a good soul.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get a job by April.
ReplyDeleteHe's a nice looking horse. Good luck with him. He looks really nice.
Good luck on the job searching!
ReplyDeleteAnd love the new horse! :)
My poor sister hasn't had a job all year. Been to about 10 interviews over the last month and unsuccessful every time. It sucks. :(
ReplyDelete