I guess it's a good thing I planned on giving Hampton the day off today! I found him out in the run-in shed, shivering, and blood running down BOTH sides of his face and one front leg.
A quick inspection stopped my near-heart attack as I realized a call to the vet won't be needed. The wounds were not bad. The "incident" must have just recently happened as they were still oozing blood. I took Hampton in, fed him, changed his blanket and then doctored him up with ointment. His leg had just a scrape. One side of his face had a thin line about 3 inches long - like maybe he caught it on a nail or side of the shed? It wasn't bad at all. The last wound was very close to his right eye. Thankfully, the eye was not hurt. But it was a close call. It is the worst of the cuts and again looks like he ripped a small chunk of skin off somehow ... maybe on the shed? It doesn't look like a horse bite. He was a good boy and let me clean that one up and slather ointment on it. It had stopped bleeding by the time we even got to the barn.
I'm not sure if he got to playing with someone and just got tangled up in the run-in shed? Or he got cast? Who knows! I do know that in gross weather like this (36 and spitting rain and snow), that he will hang out in the shed a lot. I'm thinking he may have just gotten into a rumble. *sigh*
Seriously Hampton?
ReplyDeleteGlad he was okay.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad he is ok! When you said gushing blood I almost had a heartattack. Little goober. Maybe he is just trying to get attention since you have two new guys in your life...lol. Hey got and messege late last night through FB and she said probably Wednesday, though she does need to check her scheduele when she gets home.
ReplyDeleteI hate seeing blood next to their eyes. Makes my heart stop every time. I'm glad he's going to be okay.
ReplyDeleteWhat a scary thing to see! My heart would have dropped at first sight! Hoping he heals up soon!
ReplyDelete