Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Plug your ears.

Yesterday it was 34 degrees and pouring rain. I didn't work Hampton. Sorry, I'm just not that hardcore. No biggie I thought. Well today Indiana decided that 25 degrees and snow sounded like a plan. Ok, I can suck up the cold.

Oh but what do you know. Both arenas are - yes, FROZEN with lots of ruts.

Excuse me for a minute.



AGRGAHAGAHAGH F*&**(*( M**&() AGRHAGAHDGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He worked like such a champ last week that I'm not too worried. I do hope we can fit it a few more work sessions before the show this weekend. That would be nice. But if not, I'm all about winging it. I'm actually thinking about hauling him down Friday night now, to allow for a little more time for him to settle. And it would  be a good experience for him to have an "overnighter." We'll see.

I tried not to stare at him too long today. He's got mud-cycles at the end of his tail and on his fetlock hair. his needs clipped. his trace clip is horrifying ... he does not look like a show horse right now. ugh.

In other news - I have managed to give his bridle a really good cleaning. it will need another once over before the show, but at least I've been somewhat productive the past 2 days.

2 comments:

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!