Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pedigree geeks unite

Kate over at A Year With Horses inspired me to write another blog post about Hampton's pedigree. I already posted a little diddy about his pedigree on his mum's side (she's a jockey club TB and a race winner back in the day). In fact, he goes back to Nasrullah (a sire you will also ready about in Kate's post). If my memory serves me correctly, Nasrullah is also the sire of Bold Ruler - Secretariat's sire.

But anyhoo, as far as Hampton's sire lines go, his sire is a blended mix of Clydesdale, TB and Hannovarian. I have no clue about the Clyde lines or the TB side. But the Hannovarian lines are ok:

Gotthard
 Gotthard sired Goldschlager ...

Goldschlager
 Goldschlager sired Argus ...

Argus
 And Argus was bred to a half Clyde/TB mare ... which resulted in ...

Fine Fun
Fine Fun or "Fletcher" who was bred to TB mare Proud Warning and out popped:



One sexy beast!! :-)

5 comments:

  1. Fun stuff, no? Particularly on a cold winter's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love pedigrees. So glad everyone is doing these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL love the winter hair do! He is a big sexy beast ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. Makes me want to look more at my horse's (Rogo's) pedigree. He shares a link to Hampton in that his great grandsire on his dam side is Gotthard. This is the first picture I've seen of Gotthard, so that's interesting. I think he's very strong in passing on the grey coloring.
    I love Hampton's mix of hot, warm and cold :) He's very handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently found a full brother to my mare, he sold for $5000 at the Barrets sale. I don't know if that's good or bad, I just thought it was interesting :P

    Mine's ancestry doesn't have all the pretty pictures, Goldschlager is pretty darn cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!