Sunday, December 12, 2010
Oh, winter. How I hate thee.
So since winter is being a royal bitch this year, I haven't gotten to ride. The ground is just too frozen, or too slick. Stupid stupid stupid. It's frustrating, but I suppose I can get over it this year. I mean, Hampton is still just 3. A month off is good for him. Even if January sucks as well, it won't be so bad. He's still growing. We can pick back up in the spring and likely still be able to do the 4 year old tests.
Anyway, I thought I would share with you one of the most hilarious posts I have read in a long time.
THE MANY ADVENTURES OF LAUREN writes "How to Survive Winter With Horses." It is hilarious, complete with art.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is a cute post. I was actually thinking of you this weekend as I was excited to get out and ride with the warming temps and was quickly discouraged as Steady couldn't keep his feet under him because of the wet ground. I hope you could get a good ride in because I sure didn't. I am thinking I will be better off to ride in the freezing temps. I am thinking setting goals for spring is probably way less discouraging. Hope you and Hampton stay warm.
ReplyDeleteI am not looking forward to the truly bad weather. That's for sure. Last year, my horse slipped on ice and pulled a muscle in his RH leg. He's STILL not quite right. He's sound, but I have to really watch strain on that leg. Ugh!
ReplyDeleteI laughed so hard after reading her post!! Reminds me of my Arabian....during the winter months....lol!
ReplyDelete