Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's an alien! .. it's ... uh, me.

Annnnnd it's still frigid outside.

This is also what I wear to pick up men.


That's me in my barn get-up. Don't hate. It's warm. :-) I am sure my neighbors must think I am a gas station attendant or mechanic. Possibly a serial killer.

I have nothing new to report. I've just been checking in on Hampton - checking his legs and putting my hand in his blanket to make sure he's still toasty. Everything is hunky-dorey.

The BO and I are getting pretty fed up with not being able to ride. She was talking about driving her car around in the small arena to try and break up the ice. In the meantime, I think I might teach Hampton to pull a sleigh. Remember, I live in hilljack Indiana. By "pull a sleigh" I do not mean this:




I mean this:




Or even better:

6 comments:

  1. We do skijoring in the winter. It is a blast. You should try it.

    http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr323/dom_n/Snow/Blizzard%202010/blogIMG_8085.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me lol, for reals:)
    That is one hot getup. It's like burqua-meets-riding gear chic:)

    It is soooo cold. Yesterday I just stood there with my hands under my horses blanket while he ate for like five minutes. Not weird at ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in hilljack indiana too and I just learned about ski-jouring this week from my friend in Washington State. They actually have competitions. I WILL be trying this with my miniature this winter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never seen anyone sled/ski behind a horse before! lol!!!
    And nice get up! I can remember a few winters I was dressed pretty much the same. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!