Saturday, September 4, 2010

Wide open spaces

So I lived at my current house/barn since May. I NEVER knew that was a separate field of acres and acres of rolling hills next to one of the hayfields. My roommate made this discovery, and I rode Hampton back there today. I was basically foaming at the mouth when I saw the wide open space, and awesome hills. Hampton was absolutely on his best behavior, if not a little lazy for a half thoroughbred out in a field. I let him open up his stride - although I think we merely got to a hand gallop, not a REAL gallop. But that's ok. I didn't want him to hurt himself on the hills. Some were pretty steep.

Having only ridden dressage for the past 5-6 years, my ability to ride in 2 point is a major fail. I feel like a wet noodle, and that is something I really need to work on. Especially if I intend on trying some eventing with Hampton in the future.

Now that I've "discovered" this, I don't think other boarders will be seeing much of us in the indoor arena until the weather gets bad. :-)

Here's the video ... it's boring, so I put in some some captions on the YouTube version to try and add some humor. Watch it on YouTube here.





2 comments:

  1. I don't think that's a hand gallop! I would love to ride Hampton because he's just such an easy going guy! Looks like you had tons of fun though, gotta be great for his tush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL oh I know. I started going a little faster when my roomie quit videoing. Not sure we still got to a real hand gallop, but it sure felt like it to me!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!