Thursday, August 5, 2010

Repost: A critique

This is a particularly funny post I had shared back in 2007 (wow have I been blogging that long?). It's been too hot to do much of anything with the horse, so I'm re-posting this genius critique again. I did not write this, in fact I forget who did ... In anycase, Enjoy.


Photo 1 – A Recipe for DisasterPooh writes that though he has been friends with Eeyore for many years, he got tired of listening to Eeyore’s self-pity binges, so decided to saddle him up and give him something to cry about. While it appears that some effort was made to improve the appearance of both donkey and rider, I’m afraid they have a lot of work to do. The first thing I notice is that Pooh is not wearing any breeches, or underwear for that matter. Proper, good-fitting breeches are essential for a polished picture as well as adding to the comfort of the rider. His jacket is ill-fitting and has short sleeves. Also, Eeyore’s bridle lacks a browband, and it appears that the noseband sits a little too high – it should not interfere with his eyes. I am also very concerned about that fact that your donkey appears to have no hooves. This is either a horrible case of abuse and neglect, or you have some serious trimming of feathers to do. Pooh’s position leaves a lot to be desired. He holds his legs way too far back to give an effective leg aid. It appears that he needs to open up at the hip and roll his thigh inward so he is riding with the inside of his thigh on, not the back. In the photo, his foot is about where his knee should be (if he had a knee), giving the appearance of a “chair” seat. I recommend a lot of stretching and suppling exercises for Pooh, as well as investing in some surgery to have knees constructed. Eeyore suffers from a variety of conformation issues, such as a low-set neck (from all that woe-is-me stuff) that would make it hard for him to achieve an uphill, or even round, frame. He could also benefit from a more vigorous diet and exercise program. And Pooh has the worst possible body conformation for a dressage rider: short stubby legs, a long chubby torso, and short, chubby arms, all of which make it difficult for him to use supple, fluid leg aids and allow Eeyore to reach into his hand and make the most of his sad conformation. Pooh also needs to close his big, sappy mouth and balance his head over his spine.Pooh, I understand you wanted to teach that mopey little ass a lesson, but I have to say, I’m the one who is crying after seeing your photos. Best of luck to you both, you losers.

1 comment:

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!