
I'm slowly planning my vacation/furlough for the beginning of March. Besides the Phish reunion show, I plan to also make the best of the 5 days of free time. One thing I have wanted to do for quite a long time is visit Three Chimneys farm in Lexington. So I booked my tour and I'm pretty amped about seeing such greats such as:
• Big Brown (whom I adore!)
• Smarty Jones (another of my favs)

• Dynaformer (Barbaro's sire)
• Point Given (Preakness and Belmont winner)


... and more ponies. I really want to see their breeding operations as I am sure they are top notch. Plus, its early March ... you KNOW there will be foals on the ground. :-)
Anyone else have any recommendations for a trip from Indy, to Lexington, to Hampton, VA? I'm thinking I may stop by Virginia beach at some point, but the weather won't be nice enough to even wade in the ocean. Still like the ocean regardless.
Awesome- I'm so jealous! Three Chimneys is definitely on my must-see list whenever I get to Kentucky.
ReplyDeleteI am SO jealous!!!! That is something I would love to do someday.
ReplyDeleteIdea...you should stop by and see the Kentucky Horse Park, as well. I did once when just passing thru and would love to go back again and spend an entire day there!
Darley. Go see Darley.
ReplyDeleteGo eat at Giacomo's in downtown (ask for the pastrami).
Avoid the horse park, it's still under construction.