Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Health.

Well, seems as tho my money situation has gotten MUCH better over the past month. Moving T-Bone, selling stuff, removing all funds from a 401K from my old job (dumb, I know, but I needed it), and a new roommate have all given me much relief. However, now my health is going down the shitter. Figures.

I was at the ER for four hours Friday for serious back pain, panic, nausea, etc. Diagnosed with a kidney infection, sent home with antibiotics. Most everything has gotten better except the feeling that someone is strangling me. I often feel like my throat is closing up, and it gives me a feeling of gagging and panic. Not fun. So, I visited my regular Doc who ran more tests. She noticed that one of my eyes bulges out more than the other. This is a classic symptom of Graves Disease (a form of hyperthyroidism). Still waiting on those results ... This while still dealing with acid reflux and stomach issues resulting from antibiotics. Sure would be nice to be somewhat healthy by Thanksgiving. Right now, I barely have an appetite and have lost 10 pounds in about a month.

T-Bone has not really been ridden lately, mostly because I have been to weak and sick to go out there. And also because it's cold. But he seems to be doing fine. I really need to switch out his sheet for his heavy winter blanket soon. He also needs his feet trimmed. Man, I'm slacking.

Oh, and I'm on the hunt for a new dressage saddle. Again. I sold my last one, a County Warmblood, because I needed to pay rent. I didn't really like the saddle anyway. I'm looking at a nice Wintec Isabelle. I tried the Bates Isabelle before, and hated it, but have heard good things about the Wintec. It's less expensive, less maintainence and would make a nice trail saddle, too. I wouldn't have to worry about damaging it. I likely won't show in it, but would if it came down to that. So, we'll see. I'm tired of riding in my old huntseat saddle already. It does not fit T-Bone and slides all over his back. Sucks.

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. You might want to try the Caprilli, it's a nicer version than the wintec, but still the same initial concept. I like mine, but it doesn't fit my own. Hence, I'm on the market as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!