So May 17 is our first show of the season. Harmony in the Park - conducted at the Hoosier Horse Park. We're doing Training Level Test 4 and we are "winging" First 4. I'm actually way less nervous about the first level test after Saturday's lesson. The only part that's going to really get us is the trot lengthening. Rawr. T-Bone just doesn't have the strength yet for the "umph" - altho he does lengthen his stride, it won't be comparable to the warmbloods who can really propel. It's improving tho, and good thing is that the canter lengthening is no problem at all. So, I figure as long as we're really tight on the other movements, we can make up for the low numbers on the trot lengthening.
After Harmony, I'm really excited about the possibility of showing at Lamplight. We'll be showing against the big guns there, but I've never been there before and hear it's beautiful. That's the only reason I really want to go. Have to come up with some funds tho, money has been tight. And that sucks.
After that it looks like Paxton, (in Ohio) and another show in Indiana before Regionals (if we qualify).
T-Bone has been awesome lately. I need to take pics of him in his body-clipped state.
That's all I gots for now.
You might want to try first three, personally, it flowed better than first four, and less people.
ReplyDeleteJust gun the lengthening thats all you can really do and go for the score and not the placing. You are allowed to post, just remember that.
You'll see my editor up at Lamplight if you go, give a wave to her. She does excellent photos and loves a good story.
Are you going to the Paxton Show in June? And if you don't qualify come to Kentucky for MSEDA!
And thanks for the comments, the mare hasn't looked this good in a looong time;-)
Good luck!! Hope y'all do well at the show! :)
ReplyDelete