In my opinion, a horse is the animal to have. 1100 pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs - it's something you just can't get from a pet hamster.
My life feels a little ... static right now, as it's come to that point in the year when horse shows have been over for a little while and I'm now feeling a little useless with nothing to prepare for. This summer was insane ... T-Bone and I went to at least one event (show/clinic) a month, sometimes more. The past couple of months were great to recover and regroup, but now I'm itching to get out again. But I can't ... because it's Indiana. And nothing happens in the winter. Ah well. I think if I went back and rad old blogs I would probably be saying the same thing during November. All I can do is stay focused on reaching our goals for next season (showing solid 1st/breaking into 2nd level). Plus, I guess I have other things in my life to distract me so I that I don't obsess over the angle of my shoulder-in for days on end. Winter is time for me to be a normal gal for once ... you know, and fret over things like boys, my job, friends, and what I'm going to do Friday night. I'm playing more guitar again, which has done wonders in lifting my spirits. Open mic may be in the future - who knows. It's been some time since I've played in front of an actual audience .. that is, if you count peeps at the Silver Dollar (RIP!) an audience. (Which is exactly what made it great). I'm also making efforts to get rid of my debt ... in preparation for the future when I want to purchase a house. I promised myself that if I could pay off at least half my credit card by Feb or March, I would buy myself a used waverunner at the end of next summer. This may be counterproductive, but I consider a waverunner to be a "stable" debt you know, like my truck payments. lol.
Well, I've written a pointless novel here. I do apologize. Maybe more mind-vomit to come within the next few days. Peace!
Today's lyrics:
Run now get away from me
if I can get my grip I'll pull you down
into the hell I call my head
you'll never get away
I sit down in my ugly place
and build walls out of fragments
from my past of all the people that I needed and loved that walked away
Those lyrics are a total description of this officer I work with!!! He tends to try to latch on to me and drag me into his hell-hole of a mind. Good thing I am on to his game and have flat out told him to back off and quit being so "needy!"
ReplyDeleteYeah, winter is a time for me to return to some sort of "normalcy." The joys of living in a state where it snows and snows and snows....
At least you have an indoor arena to continue working T-Bone in! :)
Men suck.
ReplyDeleteBack to being single. And this time I think I will just stay this way. Much less hurt involved.