Thursday, December 26, 2013

Goals, goals, goals



Both Hampton and I were treated very well by Santa this year. I got a BOMBDIGGITY Ariat jacket, a trailer aid thingie, clothes, candy, money and Hampton got a nifty Horsewear quarter fleece (it's the one that matches my own Horsewear fleece. haha, yes I am now THAT girl that matches her horse) and a Back on Track saddle pad! My family still laughs at me when I get so excited over items for the horse.

"Oh a saddle pad!! YAY!! Oh I can't wait to try this!! ..."

[bewildered stares from family]

My mother once again outdid herself and gave me a Shutterfly book with a collection of old photos throughout the years. Last year she gave me a DVD of old horse show videos. These are the best gifts - not very expensive but they take a long time to compile. I'll be sure to share some of the photos in the book here - there are some doosies.



Anyway, I have put together my goals post. There are realistic ones and lofty ones. Of course the only thing that really matters is that Hampton stays happy and healthy.

At the end of 2012, I set these goals for 2013:

  • Show First and Second Level. Hit up at least 1 rated show, hopefully more. YES! In fact far exceeded this, showing First and Second successfully and making it to 2 rated shows.
  • Earn scores toward USDF Bronze Medal YES! I have 4 out of 6 scores needed, just need my Third Level scores.
  • Lessons, lessons, lessons Averaged 1 a week, CHECK!
  • FHF adult dressage camp Didn't make it this year since I don't have a truck. :(
  • Participate in 2 or 3 mini horse trials. Possibly move up to Beginner Novice during the summer. Eh, only made it to 1 mini trial. No chance in hell of moving up to BN. Just did not get enough jump schools or lessons at all this year.
  • Qualify for USDF regionals? If so, attend them. Since Regionals were all the way up near Chicago, I didn't even try to qualify.
  • Start saving $$ for a new dressage saddle. Sort of! 
  • By late fall, start schooling more solid 3rd level. YES! And beyond!




Goals for 2014:
  • Show Third Level, get my bronze medal.
  • By fall, show a kamakazie Fourth Level test.
  • Attend FHF adult dressage camp
  • Attend JJ Tate clinic in April (Lexington). At the very least, audit.
  • Buy a new saddle
  • School more Fourth/PSG
  • After I blow all my savings on a saddle, start saving for a used truck
  • Always always put Hampton first, let him tell me what he's ready for
  • Host a clinic at the farm
  • Attend 2 rated shows if financially possible

4 comments:

  1. Super gifts! Love the photo book idea - have to store that idea away for Alexis...

    Great goals - I would love to attend that dressage camp at FHF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound like super fun goals! Cant wait to follow you guys throughout 2014!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!