Monday, December 14, 2020

Rescuing Ralson

 After Hunter died, I decided I would wait until after our February Aiken trip to maybe look for another cat.

That did not work out, because I saw this:

Adoption photo!

This poor guy had been loitering behind a local pet store. They finally were able to trap him, and after the usual shots, blood tests, neuter, and a bath they put him up for adoption. He is a rack of bones under all that fur, but otherwise doesn't appear to have any health issues. 

I stopped in to look at him one day and just could not resist taking him home.

his face just melts my heart

So, everyone meet Master Ralston the Second.

Unbeknownst to me, my parents had a cat named Ralston back in the 70s.. Which is why this guy will be Ralston II. lol. It is my dad's middle name, and the name Ralston goes back quite far on my dad's side. I found it fitting. 

My dad and the original Ralston lol

He's still very shy, spending most of his time under my bed where he feels safe. But he is eating like a champ, uses the litter box and is as quiet as a mouse. (As opposed to Buckley, who is an AUDIBLE breather, snorter, talker and makes loud thuds when he jumps on and off things).

Who du fuq are u

Speaking of Buckley, he is being very good to Ralston. We are just giving him his space for a while as I am sure his life has been turned upside down. He does enjoy pets and head scratches when I am down on the floor on his level. He still seems pretty timid about me walking around and being above him. That's ok though, I respect his space and will earn his trust with time.


He may take a little more time than the other street cats I have brought in, but that's ok. I'll have him fat and spoiled in no time.

Example of Fat and Spoiled




3 comments:

  1. Ralston is a lucky, lucky guy who is gonna have an awesome home with you! I can't wait to meet him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's wonderful! Ralston is a lucky cat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!