Spoiler alert:
We went to a horse show and absolutely killed it!
I was totally prepared to scratch at any moment due to foot issues, not sweating, covid, astroids, or whatever else 2020 has in mind. But Hampton is just getting better and better so off we went to Ohio's Majestic Farm.
We had absolutely PERFECT horse show weather all weekend, and while we did have to wear masks when not mounted, it was really quite easy to follow covid protocol and still have a fun time showing. So there's no excuse not to comply people.
Saturday I rode the I-1 in the morning and Hampton was a total rockstar. Businesslike, obedient, just right there for me. Unfortunately, I miscounted my twos AGAIN and only did 5 instead of 7. I realized it as soon as I did it. Sigh. Pat the horse, slap the rider.
We ended up with a solid 62+% and great comments and scores. And won the class! We missed high point by just a fraction, too.
![]() |
| Step brother Royale came too and scored nothing less than a 65 at First level all weekend! |
![]() |
| Schooling Friday afternoon |
Sunday afternoon was my freestyle. In typical Karen fashion, it was the first time I've actually ridden it to the music. Whoops. lol. But it went pretty well. I only had to add one extra circle because I was off my mark in the music. Hampton was a little more down on front, and not as sharp but still a good boy and much to my surprise we got a bangin' score of 69.8%! (Under judge Tom Poulin)
I nearly fainted as that is the best score of my LIFE at recognized dressage.
We are now qualified for the I-1 at regionals, and just need one more freestyle score.
(If regionals even happen. Sigh)
![]() |
| Evening graze in PJs |
![]() |
| Just Royale standing by the tailgate to be mounted. lol Liz did a bomb job this weekend. |
We had 5 of us from our farm at the show, plus honorary members Liz and Royale. Everyone had great rides and great scores. It was such a fun time.
And now I get to do a bunch of laundry and do it all over again this weekend at the Hoosier Horse Park!
![]() |
| Liz took this of us walking around after Friday schooling |








Super job Karen!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Sounds like a great weekend! Love the mug with its own spoon!
ReplyDeleteWahoo! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteKaren and Hamps - on course for world domination 2021!
ReplyDelete