Happy to be reporting back with GOOD news.
Hampton is sound after his injection, which I am seeing as a very good sign. I'm still going to do Tildren here in the next couple of weeks. I am so happy he is back to feeling ok!
He does have some lingering back soreness. I suspect from compensating from that painful foot. But, each day he gets better and better. Some massage, magnawave and stretchy, easy rides will hopefully resolve the back soreness.
On Monday, I tried the #toiletpaperchallenge that's been circulating lately.
After not really schooling for ... uh ... weeks ... I was like Hey Hamp, can you just do a canter pirouette and by the way I'm going to do it one handed while holding TP.
I challenge anyone to do a more slow, labored, rocking pirouette than this one! hahaha. Now you see why I am constantly working on adding RPMS in the collected canter.
But whatevs we got it done! Fun day to just have fun with my horse and friends. I've got mad respect for people who jump courses while balancing TP. This was difficult enough.
I plan to pick up Hampton a couple of times this week and see where the work is at, but other than that it'll be stretching and a couple of hacks. He can tell me when his back feels totally better and then we can go from there.
![]() |
| In other news, Buckley is handling lock down well. |


I'm so glad Hamps is feeling better!!! Your attempt at the TP challenge rocked :) and Buckley is handling lock down about as well as I'd expect hahaha. Hi Buckles! I'm so sorry we didn't get to hang out this year :( :( :(
ReplyDeleteYay Hampton feeling better!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm glad Buckley is handling quarantine like a boss lol
So glad to hear Porkchop is feeling better! Loved the caaaaaaannnnnnnnnttttterrrrrrrr piiiiiiiirrrrrrooooooouuuuuueeeeeeeetttttttttte.
ReplyDeleteBuckley is living the best life!
I'm impressed! And you didn't drop any!
ReplyDeleteGlad your boy is feeling better!
Yay, so glad he is feeling better!
ReplyDelete