![]() |
| You entered WHAT you crazy lady?? |
I pulled the trigger.
After running through the I-1 on Friday, my coach agreed that with another two months of polishing that we would be ready for the move up to I-1 in August.
My range of emotions while riding this test all the way through for the first time ever:
The trot work is not bad. It's very similar to 4-3 and flows really well. It gives you false hope.
But then. You canter.
And keep cantering. Zig Zag, extend, 3s, Full pirouettes, 2s.
Then I started to feel like this:
And finally it leaves you feeling like this:
I'm sure it'll be FINE right. EVERYTHING IS FINE???
I realize we probably shouldn't move up if I followed most people's standards. I mean, we haven't even been able to get a 60 at PSG in over a year. That's pretty dismal to many. OH WELL! #kissmyass
But the only way you will get to where you want to go, is to go there. So, we've got two months to polish it up. Still doing my PSG tests though, we are just doing one I-1 to get our feet wet.
Meanwhile, it keeps raining here in the midwest. This has made the grass the most lush I have ever seen it I think. It's nearly impossible to keep up with mowing. Sadly, that has lead to Lord Hampton being disgraced.
![]() |
| Contact ASPCA immediately please. |
![]() |
| Turtles have been all over the roads lately! Helped this guy the other day. He was cranky. |



You've got this!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting though!! We will hold your barf bag AND cheer for you from the sidelines.
ReplyDeleteJUST DO IT! So excited for you two!! I firmly believe if the opportunity is there, go for it, because you never know if it will come again. And since it's pretty unlikely that a horse is going to get hurt just because he does a dressage test that is a bit more complicated than another dressage test, sounds like a pretty low-risk gamble to me. I think y'all will be awesome.
ReplyDeleteBahaha we are all about that muzzle life. Thankfully, I got May a little on the skinny side before the grass really grew in, and that is keeping her from being a beached whale right now.
ReplyDeleteAs for shooting for Intermediate, Go for it! If you feel ready and your coach feels you're ready, then why not. :-)
Yes - go get it! Try it, do it! Live!!
ReplyDeleteBEST OF LUCK!!!
Beast moooode!
ReplyDeleteI mean. You gotta dance to your own schedule. Get it friend!
ReplyDeleteYASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Do the thing!!!
ReplyDelete"But the only way you will get to where you want to go, is to go there."
That is my current life motto. Preach!
I've found peppermints help when you want to hurl before going in for your test. Bonus, peppermints make excellent pony bribes. Go forth and kick Intermediaire's butt.
ReplyDeleteYessss!!
ReplyDeleteSo excited.
YA GO FOR IT! #NoRegrets
ReplyDelete