Sunday, April 28, 2019

Trampled by Turtles .... LRK3DE.

Another Not Rolex LRK3DE is in the books.

I'm really not sure how to adequately put into words how much fun it was so have my favorite InternetStrangersTurnedGoodFriends around for the weekend was, so I guess I'll let some photos tell the story.



Friday was cold and rainy but that didn't deter us from shopping.

From left to right:
Renate
[Me]
PHOTO BOMBER COP hahahahaha
Sara

I did go over my budget while shopping but not by much. I bought a pair of light blue Roekel gloves, a Myler curb bit, some web reins, and thanks to the extraordinary generosity of a friend, also a pair of Equipe reins which will promptly be going on my double bridle. They are amazing.

I also entered contests, collected all the free shit I could and called it a day.

Saturday was MUCH better weather. We arrived at Jen's (CobJockey) stellar tailgating spot, and promptly broke out the booze. It was perhaps 9:30 am.


By 10am the first horse was out of course and never ceases to be about the coolest thing ever watching these athletes.



There was more drinking. And wondering around.

I met a couple of additional bloggers, too, including Niamh, Emma and Stephanie!
Yep, they are all super cool.



We also had an adventure unicorn as our mascot. T and I took him hostage at one point.

He grew a 'stash at some point



Leah was a genius and has these Not Rolex adult sippy cups made for all of us!



After XC ended we wondered around the trade fair a little, and ended up loitering outside the Dubarry tent for a bit and waiting for people to sober up. Mostly due to exhaustion. And waded in the head of the lake before finally headed back to my place.

Sorry, hip flexors.

The cutest photo!

We had greasy pizza and bad service at a local dive bar and probably crashed embarassingly early.
#Thisis30

Sunday morning everyone got to meet Hampton. T, Aimee and Leah had to split to drive to STL but Renate stuck around and rode! She rode Hampton quite well. They did some piaffe, and a flying change each way. Not bad for a catch ride! 

Hampton surrounded by Internet fans

What a fantastic weekend of good friends, good food, drinks, amazing horses and riders, shopping and very little sleep! When can we do it again???

Make sure to check out everyone else's blogs for more! 

(the blog title is for you ladies! ha!)

5 comments:

  1. Those sippy cups are amazingggg

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol is it even cross country day at Kentucky if you AREN'T drinking by 9am?!?

    anyway tho, it was so great meeting you ;) ooh and i got a noseband from Equipe that i'm super excited about too

    ReplyDelete
  3. ILY, and I love our crazy adventures. thanks for being the hostess with the mostest!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I lost my sippy cup.........

    I wish you had been back at the camp when we realized adventure uni was missing. It was widespread panic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an amazing time was definitely had!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!