Friday, November 16, 2018

USDF National Finals: Part 2 (squeeeeeee)

Lovely fountain thingie for sale.
A mere $16,500.


It was a cold 24 degrees on Saturday morning.

After my soundcheck, and feeding Hampton and hanging on for dear life trying to walk around the horse park taking him for a nice stroll, I had a few hours to kill before my class.

I made a bee line to the Allech arena where it was HEATED.

I told myself, ok you get to buy one Finals jacket or vest. That's it. No other purchases. Except hot chocolate.

I did find a very nice navy blue vest with the Finals logo on it. Happy with my purchase, I thought I'd keep strolling and check out the other vendors. Although not many were open yet at 8 am. This wasn't Rolex Land Rover in terms of vendor numbers, but there were a fair amount.



The Custom Saddlery booth had all sorts of sparkly things I could barely take my eyes off of. Behold.

If only I had the sass to pull this off.

And then my two barn friends and I strolled back a place that had boots. And, as you do, we stopped to drool over them. I usually sigh to myself and say "One day. One day."


And then ... as I turned around to walk to the next booth ... something caught my eye.

It was a yellow piece of paper. And it said "$200."

I stepped closer. There were a group of boots in a pile under this little tag. Including a pair of God-like shiny Enrico Romitelli boots that made my heart skip a beat.



But you know how it is. Whenever there is a sale THAT good, it's usually the odd sizes that no one can wear. I'm a really common size so I figured they certainly would not fit me.

I looked a little closer. They looked like they MIGHT fit.

So I tried them on.

And then. The heavens shined a light down upon me. Angels began singing.


via GIPHY


THEY FIT.

They were on sale because they had a very slight rub from being in the box.

Now barely able to contain myself, I played it cool.

"Will you take $170?"

The rep smiled at me. And he said YES.

And that my friends is how I ended up with a $700 pair of SHINY ASS BOOTS for $170.

I sure as shit wore them for awards!


18 comments:

  1. so. shiny. omg.

    obvi you had to get them. had to. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy wow, I can even see your reflection in those boots!!! NICE SNAG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo! Pretty shiny things. I’m so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait... I need you to come shopping with me for boots. What an amazing deal! And they look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot damn, that is AMAZING! They're gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. DUDE!!! That's amazing! Yeah you totally could not leave those there. Now you're a real DQ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Hahaha didn't realize until the comment went through that autocorrect changed "das" to "dad
      " 🙈😂

      Delete
  8. Holy shit indeed! I'm proud of you for your riding, but more for your haggling, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooh shiny!! Those are pretty! And what a freaking deal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you cooly talked him down in price but inside you were all "my precious".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!