Sunday, April 29, 2018

LR3DE abbreviated



How did I not know this?

Due to the fact I am broke from entering the first show of the year dumb money, I had to abbreviate my Rolex LR3DE experience this year. I managed to go Thursday, which is the BEST day to go for shopping. Barely any crowds, so easy shopping.

And by shopping, I mean walk around getting free shit and entering all the contests!

It took ALL THE WILLPOWER not to buy a unicorn horn.


I didn't even buy anything other than a $12 strong mixed drink, and a mother's day gift for mum.

Other things I did:

While entering a contest, I was a little surprised to find that I was in the middle of a Boyd Martin signing. Ooops. Rude.

I'll take one Boyd to go please.


I rode the race horse simulator. It was REALLY HARD TO DO. My arms still burn.
(After a mimosa, and a slushie drink with two shots of rum, this seemed like a good idea. You had one minute to try and beat the amount of "steps" set by a previous person way better at this than I am)



Drank a mimosa at the Dubarry tent of course. In my knock offs with holes in the feet.


Watched Elisa Wallace give her Mustang demo. So cool! I'm inspired to teach Hamp some tricks.

I think this is Rune.

Fledge and Rune with Elisa.


Toured a Land Rover car. The guy said they "aren't that expensive. This one starts at $38,000!" ... LOL ok dude. Yeah that's not what I call reasonable. But the Land Rover people were super nice and I really like what they have done with the event. Smell ya later Rolex, no loss there!

Boyd and Steady Eddie looking sharp


And finally spent some time watching riders school in the Rolex arena. I just love watching how each schools their horse. I was most impressed with Colleen Rutledge and Covert Rights. The way she worked her horse in such a methodical, thoughtful way. And holy smokes Covert Rights is FANCY AF when she picks him up. I will take him anyday! I also saw Boyd and Steady Eddie worked nicely, and ML and RF Scandalous. The mare is a freak, and while I don't like her rider the horse has a hind leg to die for. And is also in my fantasy league so I rooted for her haha.

Drop into the head of the lake seemed smaller this year?
Not that I would EVER attempt it still.


So hey while I had to skip the action the other days, and had no Aimee and Leah to drink with - that's ok! Maybe next year???? #2019ReunionInternetStrangers




7 comments:

  1. Definitely doing #notRolex2019. I've already called dibs on your couch 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also didn't know about Ariat....I feel like the hasn't been well advertised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man I was there Friday to Sunday and just had a blast. Also totally echoing what you say about how well Land Rover ran it. Esp little big details like the portapots - they were on top of keeping them clean! Plus omg the shopping... so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Were you like me and thought they were named for a Lariat?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your not Rolex recap! I so miss going!!!! Husband and I already agreed to go in 2019. Free stuff and signing up to win free stuff is the perfect day...that and drinking :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!