![]() |
| This was 2016's loot |
There was a problem this year.
Too many ribbons. Too many awards. So much progress! Our greatest achievements are frankly intangible.
So, Hampton lucked out this year and was only forced to pose with our Indiana Dressage Society year-end championship ribbon.
To cap off our year, the IDS banquet was well done. I must say that IDS really does a great job with recognizing its members. Especially those who did not show at Regionals or Nationals. There really is an award for everyone. You don't have to be a big name getting 70%s all over town. So kudos to IDS. Lovely awards as well!
I had a lovely time hanging out with Liz and Jen (Cob Jockey) and Bryn - my core show buddies. Thankfully it was a cash bar so I was limited to one rum and coke. Sadly not much blog fodder though since I was sober. Womp womp.
Hampton earned 2017 Third Level AA Champion, and I also earned a couple of Rider Achievement awards at Third and Fourth levels. Many well deserving people were recognized.
| I'll just stand here. All boss and shit. |
Despite missing out on Finals, 2017 was by far the most successful year I have EVER had.
In 25+ years of showing horses.
* Multiple high-point championship wins at Second, Third AND Fourth levels
* Dover medal
* USDF Horse performance award at Third Level
* Qualified for Regionals
* USDF Silver Medal
* Debut at PSG
* Top 10 in Third Level AA Championships at Regionals
* Earned a wildcard ticket to Finals/Nationals
* IDS Champion AA Third Level 2017
To celebrate I bought Hampton a new CUSTOM double bridle!!
(Yes don't worry I will show it off when it arrives!)
If you had told me we would have accomplished this back in April, I would have laughed right in your face. You may remember our first show of the year did not go well.
We looked like this:
![]() |
| Nope. Couldn't even get my horse on the bit. AT FOURTH LEVEL. Check out out cranky and stiff he was. |
But then I took a step back. Rebuilt confidence, and treated Hampton for some discomfort and ulcers.
Now I have a confident horse who is feeling great. My own riding in the ring improved significantly. And most importantly, the whole season was just so much fun. In great part due to the wonderful friends I have. And their horses who are all characters.
![]() |
| Ah much better. Ears up and letting me ride him. |
| Happy Hampton! |
I'm not sure what 2018 will hold yet. We have our big clinic in April, but I haven't really gone through the calendar yet.
But you all know I dream big. Maybe ... MAAAAYBE ... by the end of 2018 I can do an I-1?
:)



congrats on such a MAJOR year!!
ReplyDeleteCUSTOM DOUBLE BRIDLE AND YOU'RE HOLDING OUT ON DETAILS?!?
ReplyDeleteCongrats on an amazingly successful show season! What a reflection on all your hard work with Hamps ☺️ cannot wait to follow along in your 2018 season!
Y'all are SO BADASS! Such an inspiration! Congrads on All The Things, and here's to a great 2018!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! What a fab year you two had :D
ReplyDeleteI told you that you had an FEI horse, couldn’t be more proud 😍❤️
ReplyDeleteWoohoo! That is so awesome. We have all loved cheering you two on.
ReplyDeleteAh you guys are so cool. Internet fan club president over here is just thrilled.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your huge accomplishments!!!
ReplyDeleteI saw your comment on Lauren's post and I wanted to ask a few questions about Nexium. Would love to hear about your experiences! My email address is shaunatwentytwelve@gmail.com
Shauna
Such an incredible year. It was great to meet you and follow along with your adventures. Congratulations and best wishes into 2018.
ReplyDeleteWhat a STELLAR year you had!
ReplyDelete