Monday, November 20, 2017

Back to normal

Great news!

Hampton is back to 100% although he is still finishing up his antibiotics.

Yup. Horse is back to normal. Nothing to see here.


Culprit was most likely a tick, although I'll never know for sure. I found a nasty, raw, oozing infected spot on his tail where it appears a tick had been. So it's very likely that was the cause. So he's being treated as if it was.

I'm unsure WHAT tick borne illness it is, but the antibiotics cover the major ones.

He is back in work and feeling quite ... spritely. And is back to his normal antics of trying to remove his muzzle, molesting me for treats and in general being a total character that is the Porkchop.



I really appreciate everyone's support and comments! Man it was scary for those few days where we didn't know what the heck it was! I have never seen his eyes so listless.

Very grateful to have my Porkchop back in full form.

I'll hopefully have some interesting posts this week including the IDS year-end banquet, and a tour of Haygard.

It was so windy the port o potty went boom!


:)

5 comments:

  1. So glad he is back to his badass pork chop self! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that Porkchop is back to his usual self!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That IS a lot of wind...

    I've seen several bad local reactions to tick bites on my horse and dog this year. Hate the damn things so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!