Wednesday, August 16, 2017

If we go down, we all go down together


SO SWEATY.

Hamp and I hauled over to Flying Cross Farm for a school in their arena this morning. It's a more accurate size than our arena at home, and I thought it would be a good prep for this weekend.

My coach kicked my ASS, and it was a bazillion degrees humidity out so I nearly died but Hamp was game. We ran through the entire PSG and she picked on me about the details I really need to pay attention to. If you screw up one movement, there really is no time to recover before the next one. No more f-ing around. You have to ride every stride.

I think I may have also said that about 3rd level. hahahaha. Oh wittle baby naive Karen.

The Tempi changes are not as confirmed as they need to be, but I'm just going to do what I can.

No, I don't expect to get a 60. But high 50s would be nice!

My goal is to ride the test like I would at home. As if no one was watching. Because the only way I am going to learn how to ride at this level is to actually do it. Scores are just going to have to be damned for now.

I did also throw in a 4-1 test on Friday more more schooling opportunities. But if he does end up being brilliant in the PSG (that test is first), then I can always scratch.

Frankly, the fact that I am not terrified of the PSG test, and actually feel somewhat confident it won't be a total disaster (green, yes, but a hot mess, prob not. God I hope not) - is really telling on just how far we have come this year.

Time to put on my Mean Trainer Pants. And get it done.

10 comments:

  1. You got this! Score be damned, go out there and show that FEI shit who's boss. Or, at least don't go off course and try not to pee yourself. You do you ;)

    Remember way back when 1-3 felt like it had zero down time and everything was coming at you so fast? Hahaha... we had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gettttt it Karen and Hamps! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhhhh I'm so excited for you!! Wish I could be there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never cease to amaze me. You and your boy will ride it like you own it, I have no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys have so got this!! Have so much fun and enjoy the moment :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!