![]() |
| This is supposedly a flying change. (From 2015) |
Before I do the second day of my freestyle clinic, I must brag on my horse.
Boy do I wish I had video of the hot mess that has been flying changes for an embarrassing number of years. Perhaps then would you really get an idea of how far Hampton has come.
The only thing I could find was this line of tempis (no count required) in 4-1. No, neither one of us is drunk. Maybe I should have been.
I mentioned in my last post about how this clinician was ... "doubtful" about our abilities to do her choreography. Well, Sunday morning we brought a better game to the table. The pirouettes are still a struggle, but that's ok I have time to clean those up.
What was most impressive is how Hampton was pumping out 4 tempis like it was ain't no thang!
Important detail: I had a headset on that provided 2-way communication between myself and the clinician. Way easier than shouting over music.
As we were testing out some patterns, she told me to do four 4-tempis down the long side. Then she said, "You probably won't make it happen today" in this sort of snarky tone.
Well, here's what happened:
As I hit the end of the line, I said sort of under my breath "Yeah, sit DOWN, Felicia." ... then quickly remembered I had a mic right by my mouth!!! I don't think she knew what that meant. She probably just thought my horse's name was Felicia.
I kept my mouth shut the rest of the ride. ha.
He still swings his haunches some, and I REALLY need to quiet down my aids now that he doesn't need so much help. But holy crap, CLEAN, on my aids, straight enough for the ring!
#neverthelessshepersisted

Wow! What an improvement.
ReplyDeleteHallelujah! Also, that half pass. That canter jump. Mine eyes hath seen the glory of the lord!
ReplyDeleteHaha the doubled-edged sword of a two way mic. :'D So thrilled for you guys!
ReplyDeleteBOOM
ReplyDeleteNicely done!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo!!! What a difference! how exciting!
ReplyDeleteThat is SO COOL!!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go!
ReplyDeleteCrushed it!!
ReplyDeleteLike a boss!
ReplyDeleteFuck ya!!! Sit DOWN Felicia. Well done.
ReplyDeleteHere via .... I can't remember :D But if this si the third song from your other pust, it's "We Are Young" by Fun :D (And hilariously, I'm using the same song for a dog freestyle project :P)
ReplyDeleteYour blog is WAY over my interested-but-totally-uneducated head about dressage, but your videos look like you have a wonderful partnership with your horse :)