![]() |
| Headed to Indy Classic next weekend! |
In true equine fashion, Hampton has come up a little sore this week.
Naturally, since we have a rated show next weekend.
My gut instinct says he is foot sore. He threw BOTH front shoes last week, and while he was sound - I am wondering if going without shoes for those few days with the ground being hard made him a little foot sore. He got shod on Wednesday, and was still not right for our lesson on Thursday. I wonder if the farrier took off too much sole ...
He isn't lame, but he is incredibly spooky and distracted, short strided, flat and just not right in his back. It's almost as if he is bracing because his feet are ouchy.
So I am going to Magic Cushion him for a few days, and perhaps school out in the grass instead of the arena - which by the way, is not helping matters as it needs raked badly. It is choppy and hard, and Hampton is a bit of a footing snob anyway. (The harrow is broke, or I would do it myself).
He also has a chiro appointment tomorrow, a massage next week and plenty of Theraplate time. Hoping the big doofus feels more comfortable by the weekend.
(and he will be getting some omneprezole, too, as is my custom the week before and during shows).
oh ... what's the sound? Oh that's my bank account crying.


Maybe a little bute the day before the show will help him out, too? Just to get any inflammation down. Lucky for him, the footing at the horse park is like a cloud. A dusty cloud... ;)
ReplyDeleteOh no! Feel better quick Hampton! You bank account and mine are crying over hooves together. And I love that trot picture!
ReplyDeleteFew better Hampton! I'll have my fingers crossed that he'll be feeling better by the show.
ReplyDeleteHorses ugh. They always have such a sense of timing! Hopefully he is right as (expensive) rain just in time for the show!!
ReplyDeleteMan, that pic of Hampton is to die for! I hope his feets feel better ASAP.
ReplyDeleteOh no! I hope he feels better soon!
ReplyDeleteWhen ye olde bank account cries too loudly, I got hit it with a stick a few times to get it to shut up.
ReplyDelete