So instead you get pics of our trail ride this morning. The weather was finally nice enough (and dry enough) to go creek stomping again. I love it because 1) it is gorgeous and peaceful and 2) Hampton thinks it is playtime, but he actually has to articulate his joints and work a little bit to walk through the water.
Lots of splashing ensued.
Then Hampton pooped in the water. Gross.
| Derp alert. |
On our way back to the barn, sometimes I let Hampton canter up a couple of hills. He was suddenly FULL OF HIMSELF and happily shook his head and cantered up the first hill. I giggled at him. Some people may not allow that behavior, but I like his spirit.
Then there is a portion of fence we have to STEP OVER to get to the bigger field. I am talking like 2 boards on the GROUND. Literally have stepped over them 100 times. It is not a big deal.
Wellllll .... Hampton thought "Oh hey human! Wanna pretend like we are at Rolex!!!??" and fucking lept 4 feet off the ground over the damn boards on the ground .... during which I was dislodged (because I did not see it coming, and I was in my dressage saddle ...) ... then proceeded to joyfully buck twice before I squeaked out a "whoa" and he stopped. I very nearly bit the dust and was thinking in my head "Dammit I am going to have to walk all the way back to the barn."
So needless to say his privileges of cantering up the other hills was revoked and we walked politely back to the barn.
Sorry to spoil your fun, horse.
| Kentucky you are so gorgeous in the spring. |
Oh I hate when horses throw in unexpected air aerobics over a tiny flipping thing. That chest falling into your stomach feeling gets me every time haha.
ReplyDeleteI love the comment oboist enjoying his spirit lol, I also do not enjoy that heart in your throat feeling
ReplyDeleteThis looks like so much fun!
ReplyDeleteHe says, 'Don't you know Rolex week is almost here!!???"
ReplyDeleteYikes! At least you managed to stick the landing!
ReplyDeleteAh, springtime = bouncy ponies. Glad you stayed on!
ReplyDeleteLove your blog. Would love to feature it on The Snaffle Squad. Please check it out and if you think its a good fit, leave me a message. Just a fun way to promote your blog, share your lightbulb moments and be part of a positive community. https://www.facebook.com/TheSnaffleSquad/
ReplyDeleteThank you