Thursday, August 27, 2015

Show Roundup: The Bloopers

I may have sounded a little hard on myself in the last post, and on Facebook. Getting low 60s and high 50s at Third Level is not disastrous by any means. I feel we were competent, but really need a lot more work. Don't we all.

Anyway - the fun stuff - bloopers!!

During my best test (3-3) we were harassed by a horse fly. Our walk work is where we usually pick up several 7s and even 8s, so having this fly interrupt this portion of the test was irritating to say the least. Check out this sequence of me trying to kill the f**%&$*#.



And let's not forget Hampton's rather exuberant flying change.


It doesn't look as bad on video.




But hey we only had ONE late change out of 4 tests. ONE!!! Major improvement in this area. We might get these changes cleaned up after all!

At first it seems like he has enough jump ...

WOMP WOMP. Half a stride late behind.
... meanwhile Hampton is enjoying what I intended to be a short vacation. However this morning I found he has ripped a shoe off, so ... it's damn near impossible to find a farrier to shoe my horse these days so who knows when I can get it tacked on.

4 comments:

  1. The expressive change is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg those videos are amazing!! what a bummer about the horse fly but nice job handling it gracefully. and 'exuberant' is the perfect word for that change - nice job sitting it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should've gotten EXTRA points for getting the horse fly. Plus, that was a pretty epic change ahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!