![]() |
| I love how happy he is here. His attitude and mindset have really improved over the summer! And look at that, I am reasonably straight in the saddle. Holy shit, there may be hope for us. |
This summer has been all about going back to basics and filling in a BUNCH of holes.
As a result, Hampton has become much more ridable and some of our major issues are starting to fade away.
The rein lameness is SO much better. It will still mildly show up in left half pass at times, but it's almost always when I go into it without an honest connection, and/or have too much bend.
Our changes are MUCH improved we the left to right change is still late sometimes, but much better than it was. He is much more on my aids and there is less anticipating. I think it will get cleaned up very soon. Chip away. Chip away.
Our connection issues are still being addressed, but we are getting there.
He is such a good boy.
We have been starting to focus in on canter pirouettes and Hampton has shown INCREDIBLE talent for these. They make perfect sense to him, even though I have no idea what I am doing.
I won't drill these since they come easy to him.
![]() |
| No Corgis were harmed here. A+ for Hampton and being straight! |
I am so pleased with Hampton's progress this summer. We haven't shown as much as I had planned to, but that's ok. We needed a "development year." There were a lot of holes and major issues with connection and suppleness.
But I think we will head back out into the big sandbox very soon. I would think our scores will improve but I've learned not to be cocky about that, especially after we went home after the show in May licking our wounds. haha.
Next week my good friend is coming to visit and bringing her pony. We have a lesson planned and lots of trail riding. And drinking. Mostly drinking.
"To be a champion, I think you have to see the big picture. It's not about winning and losing; it's about every day hard work and about thriving on a challenge. It's about embracing the pain that you'll experience at the end of a race and not being afraid. I think people think too hard and get afraid of a certain challenge."



Those are the best kind of friend visits :)
ReplyDeleteExcellent! You guys look great. I definitely had a "development year" with Rico when we were preparing for PSG. I thought I was so close at the end of 2012 but it took until the end of 2013 to get him there, lots of walk-trot transitions and getting his connection correct and reliable. Great news about the canter pirouettes too!
ReplyDeleteyou are looking good. I love how you love him to bits.
ReplyDeleteI also quite liked the quote at the end.
Awesome!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are so inspiring to me in that you are making the effort to work through things rather than just shopping for a different horse :)
ReplyDeleteyou guys look wonderful! glad to hear that taking this time to really fill in some of the remaining holes appears to be paying off - esp in fixing the rein lameness issues!!
ReplyDeleteDude. We all had wounds to lick after that May show. Yeesh! Hampton is looking so good, and I am super happy you guys seem to have found a solution to the rein lameness issue!
ReplyDeleteSigh. Hampton is simply stunning and I love him. I'm glad everything is coming together for you! (yes I know I'm pretty late on reading this post, I'm sorry!)
ReplyDelete