Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Limb by limb


It has been a rough week and a half. Not for me personally, but for several friends.
There are no words for fellow blogger Lauren. 
I thought about her the entire day after I read her blog. 

Another friend lost his wife who had complained she didn't feel well all weekend and when he went to check on her at home, she was gone. She was 42.

We lost a special horse at the barn. A sweet, talented OTTB who was only 8 years old. 
Colic is a bastard.

So it's been sort of down at the barn the past few days. 

Hampton has been working like a superstar though. He is a light in this week of tragic events.

The vet has cleared him to continue work. He could find nothing wrong with him in regards to this rein lameness. He suspects it is muscular (so, nothing in the joints most likely). Hamps had some accupuncture today and I will continue his theraplate treatments and massage to see if that can help him out any. I mean, short of doing a bone scan or MRI - I am somewhat out of ideas on what is wrong with him. I fixed the rein lameness in the right shoulder in, but can't seem to fix it in the left half pass. That's the only time it shows up. This horse is a damn mystery. As much as I adore him he is driving me a bit nuts. haha.

But he is otherwise working really well. Our suppleness is really improving and I am feeling better abut his potential as a competitive prancer.

5 comments:

  1. It has been kind of an awful week for some of us, that's for sure. Sorry to hear about your friend and the barn horse. I also had a hard time after reading Lauren's blog - devastating and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always a light when a pony is involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sorry for your friends loss, and the young horse. so many tragic things happening, tho i am grateful to have the horses around to bring back in a little positivity

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly has been a rough week. Sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate you sharing about Lauren's loss - I am so behind on my blog post reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!