The good news: The farm's underwater treadmill is up and running!
Sort of good news: We did manage to get Hampton into it after about 40 minutes.
The weird news: Here is how he thought he should get in:
This one is scary how accurate it is to how Hampton reacted.
You get the idea.
Both me and the BO were completely soaked today after working with him to just walk in in a calm fashion. Once he is in the thing, he then stands on his hind legs and splashes wildly with his front legs. Both front legs. At the same time. *sigh*
I mean it is like we were f-ing whale trainers at Sea World people.
May need a wet suit for next time.
| Proof he got in. |
LOL video please!
ReplyDeleteSeconded -- next time, video!! I'm killing myself that I didn't video when Murray lay down in the middle of his dental last week!!
ReplyDeleteHydro therapy is so fantastic! We have a treadmill for dogs at work...I wish someone around me had a hydro treadmill for horses!!!
ReplyDeleteOMFG. I can only picture it and it is hilarious. Definitely a wetsuit and a camera next time.
ReplyDeleteso cool!
ReplyDeleteI third video!!
ReplyDeleteAlso - a barn-mate of mine will be headed down to Lexington in May to start work as a vet for Rood & Riddle. She's got an OTTB and TBxClyde that she's taking with her. Would you have any suggestions for boarding in that area? She's a great girl - very low-key, responsible, respectful, knows her stuff. If you think of any, let me know - sbwakefield@gmail.com
Thanks!
SK
So funny! Silly Hampton.
ReplyDeleteI worked for a couple of years at a rehab place with an AquaTread. I think I saw just about every kind of flailing there was to be had in that thing. We trained a crapload (probably thousands) of horses to get onto that thing... luckily we developed a really clever system and we always got them on within short order, no matter how feral they were when they walked into that barn. But there was never a dull day when it came to teaching a new one!
ReplyDeleteYep, you definitely need to get some video!
ReplyDeleteLaughing out loud!!
ReplyDelete