Friday, June 20, 2014

Porkchop turns 7 years old

Today is Hampton's birthday!

His gift was the fact that I left him alone all day and decided instead to be domestic and clean the house, do laundry and in general be lazy. 

Here are some photos of the Hamper. Kids - they grow up so fast!

Born in 2007 in Elizaville, Indiana.

Weanling porkchop

2009: Lucky horse finds me as an owner and moves in.
Within a week I have a saddle on his back. Here he is wearing a saddle for the
first time in his life. So wild.

Then I climbed aboard.
First time trotting under saddle. Fall 2009.

Spring 2010: He starts learning about contact.

Spring 2011: He grows more and starts to find better balance.
He learns that now he has to start going sideways when asked.

Summer 2012: Schooling solid First and touching into Second level work.
Starting to look more like a horse, and not a moose.

Summer 2012: We play in Eventer land and love it!

Summer 2013: We show First and Second Level.
It starts out a little messy, but by fall ...

We start to really get the hang of Second Level.

Spring 2014: We debut at Third Level
What an amazing journey so far!

Happy birthday Hampton!

10 comments:

  1. You have done a fantastic job with Hampton, should be proud of how much you have achieved!
    Happy birthday, Porkchop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Hampton! I can't believe he's only 7. You've done such an awesome job with him. He shares a birthday with my filly, but she's only a 1 year old. I look forward to being able to hopefully show similar progression with her in a few more years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Hampton! You've done an amazing job with him and I love following along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! He's so gorgeous! You've done a lovely job with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! You have done some amazing work with him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a handsome beast! Can't wait to see where you guys are in another 7 years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Hampton!!! He is one lucky guy to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing journey you have had! Happy bday Hamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's quite a fancy moose ;) Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!