Saturday, April 5, 2014

Sexy Rexy update

Remember the sweet Shire/Friesian/QH gelding that spent a few months with me last summer?



He came to me a gawky, recently-castrated (and a cryptorchid at that), kind-not-really-broke fellow. He was shy, insecure and sensitive.

First ride

Over the summer he matured both physically and mentally into an absolute JOY to ride. He was not spooky, and he was sensitive in a good way. He enjoyed a job and thrived on having a leader. He especially enjoyed riding out in the jump field and was really starting to develop a steady rhythm and contact.




I am hearing good reports on him from his owner, although she is very busy and he doesn't get ridden everyday. I stole some update photos from her Facebook. Hope she doesn't mind.


I love how he is just standing by the mounting block here.
What a good boy!

He has filled out, to say the least.



And holy cow he is GIGANTIC now! 

He was one of my favorite "stepchildren" to date.




5 comments:

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!