Sunday, January 12, 2014

14-photo challenge



Check out Eventing in Color for the rules. I stole this idea from her. :)


Your horse's stall.
Nothing too fancy. The previous resident left poo smears
all over the back wall. Maybe this summer I will
get around to painting.




Favorite saddle pad.
"Santa" got this BOT saddle pad for Hamps this year.
I love it, and Hampton seems to be looser in the back
when he wears it. Placebo effect? I don't know.
(I added the hearts. ha)


Barn cat? Barn dog? Barn ____?
One of the barn kittehs



Favorite area to ride at your facility.
Right now we are limited to the arena. And even that is sloppy.
Argh.



Between-the-ears shot, out on a trail ride.
This is the jump field, so not technically
a trail ride. But footing was too bad to go out back.



The bottom of your horse's hoof.
It is nasty and muddy.
He is due for a trim.
Best I could do.



The hay stack at your barn.
One of the hay lofts. My favorite thing about the loft is
the old red bucket (top left) that says "Barn Ball" on it.
I wouldn't want to spend too much time up here though,
thanks to the damn pigeons. Nasty creatures.



Favorite grooming thing.
I love this stuff. During show season I saturate Hampton in it -
especially after baths. And he glows.



Your horse's best friend or significant other.
Right now, it's Shiloh - his halter tag pal



A snapshot from your commute to the barn (be careful).
This drive is actually quite beautiful when
everything is green.



Between-the-ears shot, at a random location at your facility.
Hmmm, seems we have some barrels sitting around.
What should we do with him?
Hmmmm.
Any ideas?
;)


The cutest or most attractive part of your barn.
The lane. Not as pretty in the dead of winter.
Oh well.



Favorite piece of tack.
Hampton's (newly updated!) double bridle. It's a Heritage bridle.
I love this bridle because the leather is so supple. It's a beautiful,
classy bridle and such a symbol of our journey together.


Selfie with your horse

5 comments:

  1. Cute post...the barrels are awesome...wish I could find some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get around to this post too. I have been meaning to but lazy I guess and I feel like it's always dark when I'm at the barn. And ya for another BoT addict! It's the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! We all need to do this and the show us your barn blog in the summer to really show off our surroundings :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!