Saturday, October 5, 2013
Boogie on Reggae Pony
Mr. Hamper Pants has been feeling fantastic lately.
Perhaps the best he has felt all year.
I'm not sure if I should credit his joint supplement, his daily rub downs with Sore-No-More or some other reason. But I like it! Next weekend we will be showing at the KDA Fall show at the Kentucky Horse Park. I am super excited because showing at the Kentucky Horse Park has been a dream of mine since I was 10 years old. I know it is old hat to those who regularly show there, but it's still pretty majestic to me! :)
Also, the USEF Festival of Champions will be going on at the same time as our show. The likes of Steffen Peters, JJ Tate and others will be showing Saturday evening. I'm certainly excited to watch that and will take photos. I may or may not stalk Mr. Peters. Please send bail money just in case.
We will be showing Second Level Test 2 and our old friend Second Level Test 3. I am really hoping I can get my last Second Level score for my bronze. That is the goal.
Meanwhile, we have really gone back to polish a lot of the Second Level work. It's amazing how much we have both improved since the spring. Let's hope I actually ride and keep it together.
We have ditched working on the flying changes because he has started doing them when I don't want him to. (seriously, horse?!) So, maybe in another month I'll go back to those. We've started tinkering with pirouettes - just a quarter turn - and are also working on more expression in half pass. One direction is better than the other of course. I focus a lot on uphill. Uphill in the neck. Uphill in the energy. Uphill everything.
I feel very lucky that I have a healthy, sound horse who is peaking right now for the season and that I am able to afford this show at the KHP. Lucky girl right here. And I will enjoy every second.
I promise plenty of photos. :)
Later, gators!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


How exciting!! Good luck!
ReplyDeletehe looks fantastic. Compared to shots you posted a few years ago, I can really see the change in his muscling. good for you! And have fun at the show.
ReplyDeleteI would prefer if you stalked Steffan as it's the closest I'll get!
First of all - best. blog. title. ever.
ReplyDeleteSecond - you and Hampton are a super team. Can't wait to hear about your KHP experience. You two look great!!
(Oh yeah - tell Steffen I said hi... ;D)
Looking forward to seeing you next weekend! Alexis is showing Second Level test 1. Congrats on living your dreams :)
ReplyDelete