Had a super fun weekend full of non stop horses (and working in newspaper land but ... barf).
Hillary came out and helped with both boys and also hopped on to ride. She also got some AWESOME schooling photos. Thanks girl!
| Riding in the double is going well. |
| bad halt |
Hillary rode Hampton on Saturday (check out her blog for more details!). Let me tell you guys this girl can ride. She does not give herself enough credit. I am very picky about who I let ride Hampton and I would feel 100% comfortable handing over the reins to Hillary and I do not say that about many people. She hopped on him and was leg yielding and half passing all over the place!
Hampton had bodywork done Monday and his feet done today so he's been spoiled but will go back to work Thursday I think.
And let's not forget about Rex! He has been going quite well, although he is still VERY wiggly in the tack. He has never offered to be naughty or anything but he sure is green! It has been good for me to get back on a greenie as it really is a different type of riding. It is fun though! Excuse my equitation. haha. Hillary hopped on Rex as well and did just fine!
| Legs! |
| I love this. LOVE. |
| Cool shot with the clouds. |
| More cantering |
| LOVE how up and open he is! |
| Pats for a good beast |
Hampton had bodywork done Monday and his feet done today so he's been spoiled but will go back to work Thursday I think.
And let's not forget about Rex! He has been going quite well, although he is still VERY wiggly in the tack. He has never offered to be naughty or anything but he sure is green! It has been good for me to get back on a greenie as it really is a different type of riding. It is fun though! Excuse my equitation. haha. Hillary hopped on Rex as well and did just fine!
| hey not too bad sexy rexy! |
| Mostly we work on maintaining a steady rhythm (don't care about where his head is). |
| Weee!! I was a little worried we may not steer at the canter but he did just fine. |
| opening inside rein helps steer the babies |
| He did try to leave the arena once. A quick correction stopped that. |
| Feathers! |
![]() |
| Hillary got on Rexy! |
| Cute pair! |

Love all the pictures! Yay for Hillary taking them! You both look awesome on both ponies!!
ReplyDeleteLove seeing pics of my KY bloggers! Looking good on Hampton and the greenie!
ReplyDeleteI want to steal Rex :) Great pictures!
ReplyDeleteAw.. Thank you for the sweet comment about my riding. I really appreciate that. Makes me feel good to know that I can ride other horses not just my own. I give Hampton most of the credit though. A well trained horse can make a mediocre rider shine!
ReplyDeleteAs for Smexxy.... Well I give you props. He is a wiggle magee! I probably should ride things like him more often just to get more comfortable with it but I guess going from the 2 school masters I got to ride over the weekend to wiggles I was a bit taken back by it. I will totally take pictures any time! I am glad there were at least a few that you liked! :) How many did I end up taking anyways?
Great photos! I told Hillary that I feel the same way about her riding Limerick :) Next time Hillary visits, maybe I can tag along and take pictures with my super awesome lens
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of dressage saddle do you have? Your position is lovely! You have such nice long legs... I don't have long enough legs for dressage ;)
ReplyDelete