So I have been working a ton of overtime for the past 2 months. Six-day weeks have become the norm for me. Basically I ride around 9 am, clean stalls, drag the ring, go home, eat lunch, shower and go into newspaper land until about 12:30 am. Rinse, repeat daily.
So my last paycheck I thought JUST.THIS.ONCE. I would do something for myself and not go splurge on horse-related items. I know, I know, lack of judgement.
I got the Keratin smoothing treatment done on my hair. It is supposed to last 3 months and it is supposed to make frizzy, unruly hair nice and smooth. Sounded great to me! My hair is out of control and often needs beaten into submission. If there was a nuclear holocaust, my hair would survive. No joke. It is a monster.
So after forking over ALL of the overtime I had just made, I discovered that this very expensive treatment not only DID NOT WORK ... it also smelled.
And it smelled like cat butt. Or vomit. Or half perm/half old lady crotch. It was bad. Anytime my hair got wet, I would emit this horrendous stench. The boy would not even come near me and would not let me sit on his couch with wet hair for fear of spreading this smell. It lasted 2 weeks. (The smell, not the actual treatment).
I could have bought a nice double bridle. Or new breeches. New tall boots even! Or entered a show. Any number of things. Ugh. More money wasted on my hair. Never again! Lesson learned.
.........
Meanwhile ... Hampton has been doing so incredibly well. We've been dressage-ing AND jumping some, too! More soon. Have some neat lessons lined up for next week. Please, Kentucky, if you could keep temps under 90 degrees that would be great. mmmk.

Haha, so sorry it didn't end well. Oops. The craziest I get is me semi-annual split end trim. It's hard to screw that up.
ReplyDeleteI think all of us with less than ideal hair, ie not naturally straight keep hoping/wishing/praying for some kind of new hair miracle. I've decided it's never going to happen in my lifetime, though. I've also decided to just live with the pony tail 99% of the time. It's either that or shave it off and I'm not quite to that level of desperation...YET!
ReplyDeleteUgh - sorry to hear about the hair mishap! And what is with the sudden spike in the temps?
ReplyDeleteMy sister has gotten a keratin treatment and loved it. Sorry it didn't work for you. Glad Hamps is doing well!
ReplyDeleteOh noooo -- I'm sorry to hear that! If it makes you feel any better, I just got my 2nd worst haircut of all time. To be fair, I only get my hair cut about 4x per year, but still! I totally get the frizz, I have mostly embraced mine and given up, accepting the mad curl. Funnily enough, the best thing I have used (and still do every day, omg, I can't believe I am admitting that) is the curl defining creme from Fantastic Sam's. Yeah, I know, but it's awesome!
ReplyDeleteI want to know when you smelled old lady crotch . . . just saying.
ReplyDeleteI'm too poor to get my very straight hair cut often enough - it's the selfie style for me. (not going there about your hair's aroma...)
ReplyDeleteCan I just point you in the direction of this product
ReplyDeletehttp://www.herstyler.com/product.php?id_product=33
I got wheeled into buying it at a kiosk in the mall in Lexington along with a hair straightener and let me tell you, I am SO happy I did. I have major frizz head and this makes my hair so soft, and frizz free!! I think you can find it on eBay too.