Monday, March 11, 2013

Now entering FLCH.


FLCH - Flying lead change hell.

It's time for us to start flying changes. I have purposely not taught changes to Hampton because I really wanted professional help/instruction through this process. Also, he needed a better counter canter. That's established now. So all the pieces are there. I have help. And Hampton is ready.

I could have taught the changes the "hunter jumper way" but I didn't want to lay that foundation on him thinking it may make it more difficult to get the jump and tempis later on.

We made an attempt at them on Saturday (my instructor has also encouraged me to start them).
I will say that it was a big hot mess. Kicking out. Legs flying every where. Cussing. Laughing. But hey at the end we did get 1 clean change. It wasn't pretty but it was clean. You have to start somewhere!

I may try them using a pole next time to help him understand what I want.

It's also time to start shopping for this:


7 comments:

  1. Super fun!! I bet he picks it up quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting!! I second CFS's comment above, I want Jetta to be taking notes from Hampton!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And then he can teach Riva! You two will nail it in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Thanks for supporting at the CT by the way! Know I didn't see you but it's sweet that you were there. Double bridle... Fancyness

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!