Sunday, November 11, 2012

Alive

We made it through the horse trials. I am currently trying my best not to fall asleep at work so figured I'd give a quick update. Photos to come tomorrow.

We had a solid dressage test. One of our better ones I thought. We got a pretty good score - a 66%, which is funny last year I would have been jumping for joy at that. This time I thought dang I can do better! But still happy with that. And an 8 on our free walk. Blamo!

Stadium was basically Hampton saving my ass at every jump. I am still recovering from strep throat and by this point in the day I was exhausted. I put Hampton at every wrong spot on course. I was sloppy and jumping ahead. But he kept going and never once hesitated. Yeah, we chipped a lot of jumps but he left all the rails up.

Cross Country was next and even though we have not seen a XC jump since July, Hampton remembered the name of this game. He did not hesitate one time and some of the jumps were different than what we have seen before (a few brushes, barrels). At one point I did have to bring him back to the trot because he was ROLLING and I did not have the strength to rate him. I also swallowed a bug and began coughing. Yeah. So once again, Hampton saved my ass and carried me home. No penalities.

We finished 3rd in a really strong group of 12 people. I am really proud of that. Especially since our "episode" this week.

I really appreciate everyone's kind comments. :)

More photos and details tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. I took a few pictues of Hampton at the show. Can I email them to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job Karen! 66% would cause me to do a happy dance :) Looking forward to more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My email is finalchapter.karen@gmail.com. Thanks for taking photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOOHOOO!! That sounds a blast. It is hard to overcome a bad ride so soon before a show. You didn't just overcome it you rocked!! Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!