AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
I am 95% sure we have found a ride. It's going to cost a lot of money, but with gas prices as they are the lady is actually cutting me a little bit of slack. After this, I am afraid I will be forced to stick to shows that are close to home. Which thankfully there are plenty. :)
Here's what I need to do before we leave:
- Buy a cot (new car is too small to sleep in, so horse trailer it is)
- Run through First 1 and First 3 a few more times.
- Organize horse trailer
- Clip Hampton (fetlocks, nose, bridle path)
Pull Hampton's mane- Organize show clothes
- Clean tack (saddle, 2 bridles, wash fuzzy girth which smells like a dead homeless person right now)
Wash show saddlepads- Clean tall boots
- I am sure I am forgetting something
I have been meaning to borrow one from a friend but time snuck up too fast and it hasn't been shipped. So ... even though I have paid for a stall Fri-Sun, I may just go to the show for dressage on Saturday. Unless I jump in my dressage saddle. Mehhhh. I don't have any friends going from whom I could borrow a saddle.
I'm fine with just doing dressage but I was hoping to stay over and get some stadium rounds in. Since we'll be there anyway, but whatevs. Maybe something will work out.
Well I am 3h away (and not going) but would be happy to loan a jump saddle...I guess not very helpful.
ReplyDeleteDang - wish we could go! I would have gladly lent you my daughter's Bates jump saddle (changeable gullet).
ReplyDeleteHope all works out and you get to jump...I live vicariously thru all you eventers :)
Tip: I sleep in my 2H trailer a lot -- you don't have to buy a cot. I just put down layers: tarp, then blanket for insulation, then air mattress, then sleeping bag/sheets/blankets whatever you want. Probably stuff you already have. I just bring a bag of extra blankets, tarp lives in trailer. Oh and earplugs. ALWAYS earplugs. Good luck!
ReplyDelete