Saturday, July 28, 2012

Course walk

After working Hamps this morning, I drove over to Stone Place to walk our XC course for tomorrow. I have to say, they have done a fantastic job cleaning up the field. It looks wonderful, the ground is perfect thanks to recent rain and the course looks fun. After looking around, I would have felt confident doing the Beginner Novice course EXCEPT for the fact that they have an up and down bank. In which case I knew I chose the correct division as we aren't ready for down-banks in competition yet. :)

Anyway. Here you go!


First jump. Goal is to establish a forward canter.

Staircase

crooked log

I think they are adding brush to jump 4.

they are adding straw to this. That's the BN bank obstacle next to it.



Gate

WTF. Is anyone else disturbed that there appears to be a GRAVE
on this cross country course? I former competitor perhaps?

coop

Rolltop

Railroad tie thingie

Up the big hill/ramp, right turn and back down the other side ...
balance before ...

Table (also nice view of the stables in back)
A right turn after this jump ...

Narrow rolltop  fellow

Ramp. Last jump!

Our times tomorrow are:
Dressage: 9:25
Stadium: 10:05
XC: 10:26

Seriously a wham bam thank you ma'am type of horse trial. :)

Time to get my clothes ready. Tack is clean and the horse is cleaned up.
Also, my Special Friend of the Male Persuasion is going to bring mimosas. This horse trial may be a little more fun that planned.

7 comments:

  1. The course looks really fun! ..But jumps seven and eight look scary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun course! Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun and kick butt! :) (I will admit to being a bit jealous, the XC course is inviting.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck and have fun!!! :) Looks like am awesome course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an awesome cross country course. Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - that is a tight schedule! Hope you had a fantastic time - I already know you and Hampton rocked it!

    Love the new header photo - Hamps looks so grown up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That course looks so fun! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!