Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ride times posted. And rut-ro.

This.


I got our ride times for this weekend's Octoberfest show.

9:37 Green As Grass Dressage Combined Test

10:12 Training Level Test 1

11:15-12:15 GAG CT stadium jumping

3:58 Training Level Test 3

This is a good schedule and normally I'd be happy ...  but I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to squeeze in schooling cross country. By the time we finish out final dressage test, he's going to be a tired pony. And I'm going to be a tired rider. That's not really fair to either of us.

So, I may school on Friday or on Sunday. Depending on what is going on. I'd like to come back home Saturday evening, but that will depend on my exhaustion factor.

I suppose I COULD wrestle my way into stadium first - like 11:15 - and have some time to school after that. That could work. But I hate feeling rushed and would really like to get out there on course and enjoy myself.

But other than that little sna-fu ... I'm pumped. AND we are stabled next to Steady's owner - Amy - a fellow blogger. Oh I do foresee good times and possible mischief. (beer? Oh yes please!)

The weather looks like it's going to hold as well. So I think if I can scrounge up a sleeping bag and blankets, I'll just sleep in my trailer or truck. And hope I don't freeze. That way I don't waste money on a hotel room and can perhaps afford a good dinner and some cocktails instead. *smirk*

I am sort of nervous about making the drive down there. It's the longest distance I've ever hauled Hampton. And most of it is interstate driving. And I'll be alone. Meh. *whine* Which is why I'm going to leave early Friday afternoon so maybe I can avoid rush hour traffic on the hellhole that is I465. I guess there will be a lot of singing to myself (it makes me keep breathing).

I've squeezed in 2 dressage lessons this week to help us prepare. Gee, seems as though my study habits have not changed since college. Slack, slack, drink, eat, slack ... SHIT we have a test this week? Cram cram cram! ... drink drink ... zzzzzz.


2 comments:

  1. Have fun - don't freeze - report back.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely vote for cocktails over a hotel room!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!