Well, I have failed to mention much of anything about the current barn I am at because the living situation is pretty sweet and it's great having my horse basically in my backyard.
I'm not going to bash anyone here in the internet, but I will say the current situation has become intolerable. I have already started looking at new places to live ... and was considering moving Hampton at some point. Until today.
Here's what happened.
I had scheduled to trailer out to a lesson where I used to board Hampton. When I left this morning (from barn A), I casually said hey I'm taking off for a lesson, we will be back. Fellow boarder said OK see ya! While I was riding, the BO left numerous messages on my voicemail. Her tone of voice was snooty and inappropriate. She she she had "specifically" told me NOT to take my horse off the farm. Her main excuse was because he is not vaccinated (actually, he IS) and that because he is so young he would bring some some horrible disease and spread it to everyone else. Some other things were said, too. I'm sorry but he is my horse, it's my trailer. I have worked so hard all summer saving for a trailer. I have been patient with his lady, who said I can't have an outside instructor come teach me. She said the vaccines would take a month to take effect ... that would have left me until November to get to go anywhere. And by then, too late because the weather is crap and things get iffy.
After tolerating a toxic, hostile and cold environment since May (because hey, the facilities ARE nice and I really loved having my horse so close by!) ... I finally snapped.
So I left Hampton at barn S. Yup, turned him right back out in the big field where he reunited with his former girlfriend and very quickly settled in to a roundbale.
So yeah. Hampton has moved barns and now I need to find a new place to live ... like ASAP.
In good news, Hampton was a SUPERSTAR for the trailer ride. I even unloaded him alone. After a small display of Arabian-like tail flagging and snorting on the lunge line, he calmed down and was his usual, awesome self (ok he did buck once at a canter transition ... lol ... naughty). But I was very proud of him. :-)
More as the drama unfolds. Ugh.

So let me get this straight... This BO pulled another case of 'your horse lives here so I can control him'? Great. Just what we need!
ReplyDelete~MunciEquestrian~
Wow that's a lot of drama!
ReplyDeleteI knew a lady who wouldn't let her grazers take lessons from outside instructors too, it's such a silly rule!
I hope you manage to find somewhere soon, though I'm sure anywhere will be better than a place where there's a dragon breathing down your neck.
Barn drama is so incredibly annoying - you were right to make the move.
ReplyDeleteFunny... I just got into a bit of an altercation with my BO tonight... after only being there two weeks. They switched hay without telling me, and I have a huge issue with knowing what they're getting base my supplements around. I stated my concern and he laid into me about how I should take my horses somewhere else if I didn't trust them to do it. Then I asked if they could get their fly masks on and off and start blanketing soon, and he laid into me about how I already get a deal on the price, so I shouldn't ask for extras for free! It doesn't seem to matter that I was told blanketing was included in the regular price, he doesn't believe that I was ever told that. I don't think its worth showing him the email... seems kind of like pissing off a waiter... Don't want to move... but looking at other barns.
ReplyDeleteGood for you! Your former BO sounds like she's a little too controlling. I hope you're able to find a place to live soon, so you can be close to Hampton!
ReplyDeleteGood Luck. It sucks that is YOUR living situation that is also affected.
ReplyDelete