Friday, December 18, 2009

Hampton's Holiday Humiliation

Hampton was a good sport about his holiday photo shoot today. I went out to feed him and took off his blanket to brush and curry him since he must get itchy wearing that blanket for several days in a row without getting brushed. He seemed to really enjoy his pamper time. Although he is going through another oral stage where he needs to nibble and mouth everything ... including my scarf, coat, gloves, brush, lead rope, etc. He picked up all four feet like an old veteran today. He is basically waiting with the next foot in the air by the time I let go of the previous one. My time and patience with that issue has really paid off. Before I purchased him, he could not be trimmed without drugs. Now he's a total peach.

He wasn't thrilled with his Santa hat, but after about 60 seconds he basically forgot it was on there and didn't look so annoyed anymore. Especially after I got the bright idea to take photos right by the donkeys' pen. Hampton is fearful of the donkeys ... and the minis. He turns into a snorting, fire-breathing dragon and arches his neck - wondering why I remain so calm when horse-eating donkeys were just yards away. Anyway, it made it really easy to keep his ears up. Didn't have to worry about that at all.

Here's an edited conformation shot. I think this shot really shows his slight case of sickle hocks. Doesn't bother me any, but it bothers some people. Anyhow, he's eyeing those donkeys very closely ....




And a normal shot ... he is standing a little bit uphill, he's still butt-high (please let him grow out of this stage at some point!)



... and our holiday portrait. Pretty cute.



1 comment:

Thanks for Porkin' and Choppin' with us!