Lets all have a little talk about how to clip your horse/pony. Body clipping is fine (just make sure the horse has proper clothes if it is cold outside) ... even trace clips are fine and there are a wide variety.
But what the hell was this podunk lady thinking? What purpose does this clip job serve other than to prove you obviously 1) Have too much time on your hands and 2) lack any class whatsoever.
I'm sorry, this made me laugh. I think this is actually a great solution for pasture potatoes that are just ornaments anyway! Certainly I wouldn't ride or show my horse with decorative body clipping but for amusement with a baby or oldster who isn't going to do anything but stand on a lead or hang out in a corral- why not?
ReplyDeleteI don't think it's cruel to the horse ... I just wouldn't take it out on public that way. Or show it that way. It try to market the horse that way.
ReplyDeleteBut for a pasture ornament, and for a conversation starter - sure why not. To each their own. Wish I had that much time on my hands!
Don't be the fun nazi! All the cool kids are decorating their ponies.
ReplyDeleteAnd I would totally show a decorated horse...but only because of my total lack of respect for the show ring and the fact that I'm probably not gonna win anyway.
lol ... nice. ;-)
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing wrong with it, she's obviously just showing off her clipping skills. I think she's very talented. Just think how awesome it would be with several horses clipped in some sort of theme like that walking in a parade. People would love it. And the attention it could bring to fundraising for rescue! It would be hard for people to just pass by that booth without taking a closer look at the horse and getting the chance to donate. What makes you think that she always does this to her horse? You don't know her situation, or what event she may have been participating in. And I doubt the horse is bothered by it, after all, horses will roll in mud and walk around with hay hanging out of their manes if you let them, they really aren't self conscious about how they look.
ReplyDeleteThe poor horse!!!
ReplyDeleteYou already know my opinion on anything not so conservative, but that made me crack up.
ReplyDeleteSavant, I believe, carries the gene through his damn, a DHH, which are already known for wild stockings and fat blazes.
LOL wow, that's a heck of a time consuming clip job, and a bit MUCH. After the Olympics last time I kind of considered clipping a star and zig zag tail or something on Roman's rump....but only because the Chinese guy with the gray had one that looked pretty cool. It was just about the size of a regular quarter mark, and didn't really stand out that much because of his color...I haven't had the guts to try it yet, but I might do a less obvious one, like using a clipper guard or something. But hey, what do I know, I have a pink star crop (my magic wand). :)
ReplyDelete